Yeager’s Freelance Editorial Services
If you are a self-published/indie author looking for a freelance editor, or an author in need of an extra set of eyes prior to submitting to a publisher, you’ve come to the right place!
As an editor/proofreader with several years of experience, a BA in English, and a former Language Arts credential, I have a keen eye for detail, can quickly identify a book’s strengths and weaknesses, and will help you make your manuscript look professional and ready for publishing. I can edit a variety of projects, can accommodate your hours, and am easily accessible should you have any questions or concerns.
I’ve worked as an editor for Ashley C. Harris (author of the Shock Me series and One Night series, Troll, and more), contract with Month 9 Books, and have previously contracted with Evernight Publishing. Other clients include Stephanie Thomas (author of Luminosity and The Keeper) and Rachel Cade (Sheik’s Bed). I also have handled edits for authors through Barclay Publicity.
- Proofreading: Grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, missing/extra words, and syntax.
- Copyediting: Proofreading + reference/fact, point of view, style, word, and voice checks.
- Line Editing: Proofreading + Copy Editing + writing style, pacing, consistency, continuity, transition, and sentence structure checks.
- Substantive (Content) Editing: Proofreading + Copy Editing + Line Editing + paragraph reorganizing, overall feel, plot hole fixing, plot credibility and believability, and character development.
- Proofreading: $1.50 / page
- Copyediting: $1.75 / page
- Line Editing: $2.25 / page
- Substantive (Content) Editing: $3.00 / page
- Paypal is my preferred method of payment and I do factor in a 3% service charge for using their services. If you would like to discuss an alternative means of payment, please contact me.
Feel free to email me to find out more. I look forward to working with you!