Yeager’s Freelance Editorial Services
If you are a self-published/indie author looking for a freelance editor, or an author in need of an extra set of eyes prior to submitting to a publisher, you’ve come to the right place!
As an editor/proofreader with four years of experience, a BA in English, and a former Language Arts credential, I have a keen eye for detail, can quickly identify a book’s strengths and weaknesses, and will help you make your manuscript look professional and ready for publishing. I can edit a variety of projects, can accommodate your hours, and am easily accessible should you have any questions or concerns.
I currently work as an editor for Ashley C. Harris (author of the Shock Me series and One Night series, and Troll), contract with Month 9 Books, and have previously contracted with Evernight Publishing. Other clients include Stephanie Thomas (author of Luminosity and The Keeper) and Rachel Cade (Sheik’s Bed).
- Proofreading: Grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, missing/extra words, and syntax.
- Copyediting: Proofreading + reference/fact, point of view, style, word, and voice checks.
- Line Editing: Proofreading + Copy Editing + writing style, pacing, consistency, continuity, transition, and sentence structure checks.
- Substantive (Content) Editing: Proofreading + Copy Editing + Line Editing + paragraph reorganizing, overall feel, plot hole fixing, plot credibility and believability, and character development.
- Proofreading: $1.50 / page
- Copyediting: $1.75 / page
- Line Editing: $2.25 / page
- Substantive (Content) Editing: $3.00 / page
- Paypal is my preferred method of payment and I do factor in a 3% service charge for using their services. If you would like to discuss an alternative means of payment, please contact me.
Feel free to email me to find out more. I look forward to working with you!